Yo-ho-ho! Rum is the by-product of sugar, but it’s the whole subject of this week’s show. Josh pitches Kate on Laurence Olivier in an eyepatch (not a hard sell). Kate laments the awkwardness of dads. Join us!
Mary Pickford: she’s a silent-screen sweetheart, a creepy recluse and a tasty rum drink rolled into one! Kate and Josh talk Hollywood history and then watch a forgotten Disney live-action movie and a “Police Academy” sequel. How did Rene Auberjonois go from Altman movies to this crap? Can Kanye’s seed desiccate the deceased? Find out!
1. El Jefe IS a real cocktail! Huzzah.
2. No one will be admitted during the riveting limbo scene.
3. There’s a method to Kanye’s madness. Theoretically. Probably not.
4. Teenage Kate maintains that Chris Martin is beautiful. The man is soulful.
5. Obama is into mail fraud. You heard it here first.
6. Josh never had a childhood, apparently.
It’s a trip back to mid-century Polynesian kitsch as Kate and Josh sample the ever-so-rummy Zombie. Join us!
Movies: “Lean on Me” and “The Passion of the Christ”
Recommendations: “Dracula” and “Marwencol”