Minty-sweet rum goodness guides Kate, Josh and Laura through the wackiness that is “Airport ’77,” a star-studded turkey that surprisingly features almost no airport but which does feature a leather-bound Pong table. Yes, really. Join us!
1. Want to visit one of Kate’s favorite bars? What about a favorite of Hemingway’s? You’re in luck, because they happen to be one and the same! If you’re ever in Key West, make sure to stop by Captain Tony’s!
2. While we’re at it, make sure to stop by the Hemingway house. They have six toed cats…and Hemingway! It is the best $13 you’ll ever spend.
3. In case there was any doubt, Joseph Cotten is wonderful.
4. Turns out stealing famous works of art is very rarely worth it. Check out an excellent read here.
5. If you’re curious about the Joan Fontaine/Olivia de Havilland feud, there’s a lot of speculative articles out there. Take it with a grain of salt.
Like the pillow pet, the Bronx is two things at once. It’s one of the five boroughs, and it’s a delicious gin drink. Join us as we sleuth out this almost-martini’s citrusy goodness before indulging in a bit of Nicholson-and-Spader mayhem. Bottoms up!
1. Yes, ticks are arachnids. Well, technically small arachnids in the order Parasitiformes.
2. Artisanal Vermouth is maybe the worst thing ever. Maaaaybe.
3. For the record, Christopher Plummer is a beautiful, beautiful man. Yeah, there’s no link here. It’s just fact.
4. One of Kate’s favorite episodes of “Mystery Science Theater 3000” is “Werewolf.” You should watch it.
5. WITNESS THE GENIUS OF SPADER. 6. WITNESS IT.
7. If you ever needed to know about geographic tongue, look no further.
1. For those of you unfamiliar with Warren Zevon’s greatness, click here.
2. Just so we’re all on the same page regarding penis lasers.
3. Seriously, Lex has the best pad of all super villains.
4. The actual Spanish word for “waterfall” is “cascada.”
5. Clint’s interactions with the two women in “High Plains Drifter,” side by side. Both are problematic in very different ways, but I think it’s worth a look. Let’s discuss, shall we?
6. The YMCA used to be such a wholesome place. What happened?
Sure, it sounds like an 18th century venereal disease. But the Pink Gin is pretty tasty! Join Kate and Josh as they sip this surprisingly martini-esque concoction and then watch a dimly remembered horror romp from the 1990’s. Join us!
Derby day means bourbon, mint, sugar and Belushi to Kate and Josh. After mixing up the official drink of the Kentucky Derby, the guys go on to diagnose Lindsay Lohan’s father and the deep, dark conspiracy afoot in Belle Fourche, S.D. Join us!
Movies: “Red Heat” and “Oscar”
Recommendations: “The Rape of Europa” and “Pennies From Heaven”