After a bracing visit to the doctor for a checkup, Josh joins Kate and Laura for some Tequila Sunrises. The movies this week were not good, but at least one of them had a very honest poster, and the other had the world’s creepiest muppet. Join us!
1. Behold Kate’s bar tending skills!
2. So, is it Tequila Sunrise…or Tequila Sunrise?
3. Pazuzu? Kukimo? Richard Burton?
4. Devil baby alert! Click at your own risk.
5. Kate might be biased, but look at that face.
6. You heard it here first…or, alternatively, at Jezebel. Was Tori Spelling lying? HOW DARE SHE.
7. Have you ever been in luh with someone? It can be complicated, but J. Lo has it down. Check it out here.
Kate and Josh sip some perfidious Albion with the cucumber-and-fruit deliciousness of the very English Pimm’s cup. Plus: Are tiny drummers terrifying? What’s type E diabetes? And what on earth does spring do to Biloxi, Miss.? Join us for cocktails and chat, won’t you?
Movies: “The Conversation” and “Major League”
Recommendations: “The Octonauts,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” and “The Writer’s Room.”
good news — one island tribe is now largely immune to kuru, and that may offer hints into treating other diseases!
kate proves prescient again: there IS such a thing as pencil cheese
Mary Pickford: she’s a silent-screen sweetheart, a creepy recluse and a tasty rum drink rolled into one! Kate and Josh talk Hollywood history and then watch a forgotten Disney live-action movie and a “Police Academy” sequel. How did Rene Auberjonois go from Altman movies to this crap? Can Kanye’s seed desiccate the deceased? Find out!
1. El Jefe IS a real cocktail! Huzzah.
2. No one will be admitted during the riveting limbo scene.
3. There’s a method to Kanye’s madness. Theoretically. Probably not.
4. Teenage Kate maintains that Chris Martin is beautiful. The man is soulful.
5. Obama is into mail fraud. You heard it here first.
6. Josh never had a childhood, apparently.